Offering bespoke solutions & premium services for your legal needs
Working together with you to develop the winning strategy to meet your objectives
We are a boutique dispute resolution law firm dedicated to providing premium service and bespoke solutions to your legal problems.
We are fully committed to obtaining the best possible outcome for our clients, and will devote attention to understand our clients’ needs and objectives. Our structure allows our clients to have easy access to lawyers at every stage, and a high level of lead counsel involvement from the start of the matter.
Whether you are a minority shareholder, a senior executive needing to execute a severance agreement, an employee trapped in a non-compete clause, a spouse enveloped in a contentious matrimonial dispute or a litigant who is tired of paying legal fees for limited results with limited contact with your current lawyer, you can count on us to provide you with the personal attention and high quality work that you deserve. In every case that we take on, we will work together with you to develop the winning strategy to meet your objectives.
We offer litigation services for individuals and businesses alike. Each of our clients is equally important to us. We promise premium and effective service while maintaining high ethical standards.
Our lawyers are experienced in representing clients in trial and appellate litigation, as well as in hearings before various specialised and administrative tribunals.
Our major areas of practice include:
- Commercial & Financial Disputes
- Employment Disputes
- Medical Malpractice & Negligence
- Family & Matrimonial Litigation
Jacqueline was a Partner at one of the leading and largest law firms in Singapore before leaving to set up Jacque Law to better serve her clients. She has a decade of legal experience working in two of the largest local law firms, working closely with and appearing alongside eminent senior counsel in numerous high profile and/or high value matters.
Jacqueline’s areas of practice encompass a broad range of matters including, employment law, banking and finance disputes, medical law, family law and criminal law. Her past and present clients include global financial institutions, multinational corporations, healthcare conglomerates, property developers, statutory boards, professionals and ultra-high net worth individuals.
As one of the few lawyers in Singapore who has both defended and prosecuted doctors, Jacqueline is well versed in the intricacies of medical malpractice from both perspectives.
Jacqueline has acted as counsel in several State Court and High Court trials, as well as appeals to the High Court and Court of Appeal. She has also appeared as counsel in coroner’s inquiries and disciplinary proceedings before the Singapore Medical Council.
Jacqueline co-authored the Singapore Chapter in The Life Sciences Law Review 2017 edition which provides an overview of legal issues of interest to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies in more than 30 jurisdictions.
Jacqueline graduated from the National University of Singapore with an LLB (2nd upper Hons) degree and is admitted to the Singapore Bar in 2009. She is fluent in written and spoken Mandarin, and has acted for Chinese clients in legal proceedings.
Some of the highlights of Jacqueline’s legal career include commercial disputes, medical malpractice, employment disputes and matrimonial & family law.
- Successfully defended Deutsche Bank AG in one of the largest private banking claims in Singapore in excess of US$280 million before the Singapore High Court.
- Acted for a local licenced moneylender and an offshore company in the Singapore High Court and successfully recovered tens of millions owed to them under various facility and bond subscription agreements.
- Successfully negotiated a settlement on behalf of Asia’s leading property developers in a Singapore High Court action brought by the subsidiary management corporation of a luxury condominium in Singapore regarding defects in common property.
- Represented a local authority in SIAC arbitrations concerning the design and construction of a major infrastructure project, involving claims exceeding S$130 million.
- Successfully prosecuted a senior orthopaedic surgeon Dr Kevin Yip for professional misconduct at both the disciplinary inquiry stage as well as in the Court of Appeal. A suspension of eight months was meted out against the doctor.
- Successfully procured a six-digit settlement sum for the patient’s estate against two doctors for post-operative complications resulting in death.
- Successfully acquitted a plastic surgeon against all charges of professional misconduct brought by the Singapore Medical Council.
- Obtained an urgent injunction against an errant employee of a leading healthcare conglomerate in the Singapore High Court for the delivery up and restraint of use of confidential and proprietary information.
- Successfully secured discontinuance of a claim in the Singapore High Court (for the employee) without the employee making any form of monetary payment to the employer (a multi-national agriculture conglomerate).
- Advised a leading financial institution in internal investigations against a team of former employees for possible breaches of fiduciary duties as well as non-solicit and non-compete clauses.
Matrimonial & Family Law
- Represented the wife in a high value High Court family law matter, including the cross-examination of parties (which is unusual for determination of financial matters associated with divorce).
- Advised on the enforceability of a prenuptial agreement involving cross-jurisdictional issues and assets valued in excess of S$1 billion.
Appointments & Memberships
- Member of Civil Practice Committee of the Law Society of Singapore
- Member of Law Awareness Committee of the Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
160 Robinson Road #21-08 SBF Center Singapore 068914
By car: To enter the carpark or stop at the lobby of SBF Center, you may come via Robinson Road and enter via McCallum Street.
As there are limited parking spaces available at SBF Center, visitors can consider parking at nearby buildings such as Capital Tower, GB Building, Robinson 77, OUE Downtown and AXA Tower.
By public transport:
- MRT: From Tanjong Pagar Station, take Exit F (Capital Tower / Robinson Road) Sheltered access available <200 metres.
- BUS: Bus services along Robinson Road include 10, 10E, 70, 75, 97, 97E, 100, 107, 128, 130, 162, 196, 196E
Contact us at +65 6280 7388 for a no obligation consultation.
Alternatively, enter your details below and we’ll connect with you shortly.
Please feel free to get in touch with any enquiries using the details stated below.
+65 6280 7388
160 Robinson Road #21-08 Singapore Business Federation ("SBF") Center Singapore 068914